OA Journals: This selective list of high-quality journals; the journals listed below are peer-reviewed and online.
- Behavioral Sciences (MDPI): publishes original articles, critical reviews, research notes and short communications in the area of psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, behavioral biology and behavioral genetics. Author fee: approximately $575.
- BMC Psychology: covers all aspects of psychology, human behavior and the mind, including developmental, cliniical, cognitive, experimental, health and social psychology, as well as personality and individual differences. Author fee: $2145.
- Collabra: Psychology: the official journal of the Society of the Improvement of Psychological Science published by the University of California Press. Includes seven sections representing the broad field of psychology including: Cognitive, Social, Personality, Clinical, and Developmental Psychology and Organizational Behavior and Methodology and Research Practice. Author fee: $975.
- Frontiers in Psychology: This multidisciplinary open-access journal "publishes the best research across the entire field of psychology." Includes 28 subsections including: Cognitive Science, Environmental Psychology, Perception Science and Quantitative Science and Measurement. Author fee: $450-$2950.
- Open Mind: Discoveries in Cognitive Science: covers the broad array of content areas within cognitive science, using approaches from cognitive psychology, computer science and mathematical psychology, cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychology, comparative psychology and behavioral anthropology, decision sciences and theoretical and experimental linguistics. Author fee: $950.
- SAGE Open: publishes original research and review articles in all areas of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities. Author fee: The UC Berkeley Library has a partnership with SAGE that subsidizes author fees for papers accepted to SAGE Open. Any UC Berkeley author whose paper is accepted in SAGE Open will be able to publish for free.
Psychology Open Access